Friday, August 10, 2012

Mike O Interview



This interview is between Sheri Henry-Harrigan and Mike O.


Me:Tell me about yourself


Mike O: Well, I'm just an everyday average guy with dreams of becoming a well known author someday that's happy being a writer for now.

Me: If you could not be an author what would be your dream career or job?


Mike O: I really don't consider myself an author per say, but I do have books published. I'm a carpenter and build for a living, and it pays the bills. Books haven't generated enough income to entice me to walk away.

Me: Why did you start writing?


Mike O: Writing became an outlet for me after spending 20 years in the streets. My first book that I ever set out to write, 1000 Grams, was based on my life in the streets. It became theraputic, and I enjoy it now.

Me: What is your writing style like? Do you write in silence or with noise? Do you write in the day time or in the nighttime?


Mike O: I write all my books on my blackberry, and I love to kick back at night with the headphones in my ear listening to trap music on Pandora and creating scenes. Now if it's a love scene, I switch to the smooth grooves of R&B!!!!! Lol

Me:How many books do you have published? What are their titles?


Mike O: At the present moment, I have 1 full novel which is 1000 Grams, and a 3 book short story series entitled Fakebook Chronicles which is based off the popular social site Facebook.

Me:Are you self published?


Mike O:Yes, at the current moment I am self publishing.

Me: Who or what inspired you to write?


Mike O:Just living through hell hoping to make it to heaven. I been through things in life that would be considered unbelievable to other people, and I wanted to get it off my chest. Being that I have a son now, I wanted to put out some literature someone could learn from and hopefully make better choices.

Me: Besides being an author what else do you do?


Mike O: I'm a carpenter.

Me: How have your friends and family reacted to your career as an author?


Mike O: They really haven't reacted. People don't believe in anything until you reach the top, then they want to jump on the bandwagon

Me: Do you have any events coming up?


Mike O:Nah, I work and I'm focused more on that than being an author. Maybe in the fall I can become more active, but right now I gotta make a living and writing isn't it.

Me: Do you have any future projects coming up?


Mike O: Yes I do. 1000 Grams II is coming soon, so I'm giving the readers another piece of me, and showing how things can change in life, but only if you make it that way.

Me:Where do you see yourself in 5 years?


Mike O:Hopefully breathing, happy, and looking in the eyes of my baby boy who will be 10 years old. Maybe if God is willing, he will throw me a good woman in there and maybe we be happily married...maybe lol

Me: What advice would you give a new aspiring author? Read, Read, Read, and Read.


Mike O: Read, Read, Read, and Read.Research the field your walking into because it's full of land mines. Don't listen to somebody else tell you things they barely know. That's like the blind leading the blind. Readers are leaders.


Me:Is there anything else you would like us to know?


Mike O: Well, I would really like to become a more popular author and release more works, but I do have the above works mentioned on the market and if you read or have read them, tell a friend to tell a friend to tell a friend to get it. I need that reader support, and I can't make it happen without you all :D

No comments:

Post a Comment